Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day One - Book Launch St. Thomas Virgin Island


I arrived 2 pm yesterday in beautiful, sunny St. Thomas. The weather could not have been any better. I am staying at the Marriott Resort. I only had a few moments to check in before I was off to Dockside Bookstore, the first of 3 stores that I will visit during this trip. The store is well stocked with books from all over the world on all topics. My publishing company, Second Wind Press, was in touch with the manager who greeted me upon my arrival. After a tour of the bookstore, we took pictures and greeted customers, sharing the flyers regarding the June, 2009 release of the book.

Well, it was an interesting experience. I talked with the manager about the marketing and promotion of the book when it arrives. She was very helpful. The more locals that know about the book, the better sales will be. I will spend the next few days working on that recommendation. She also thought that a spot on Oprah would not hurt either. Well, I will work on that as well. Any recommendations out there from any of my readers?

After a cable car ride to the top of the cliffs and a magnificient view of the Island, I concluded the day at Agave Terrance restaurant, a must try whenever you visit this wonderful Island.

If today was indicative of the rest of the week, we are in for quite a marvelous time. The people are lovely and inviting. There could not be a better place to launch a book on the importance of estate planning. And, yes this too is a Beach read!!

So order your copy of Stop! What are Waiting For? Your Step-By-Step Guide to Estate Planning today.

No comments: