Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Business of Caring


The other day I called my paralegal on her day off. I paused for a moment and thought about that call. I am not an over barren boss, in fact, to the contrary. My staff and I work together to take care of the business of our clients. My paralegal often calls ME on her day off. Sometimes just to check in on the status of a client's situation. You see both of us look at what we do more about the PEOPLE than about a JOB. It gives us pleasure to know that we truly care about how our clients' situation is resolved or addressed. Estate planning is a business of caring. Caring about what matters most to our clients as they address their estate planning needs. The children, the spouse, the money, the dog, the money, the accomplishments, the family, the friends, the money, the companions, the money, the employees, the passions, the legacy....oh, did I say the money.....all of these things and more drive our clients and drive us to serve them well.

Many people do not get a will done or others do not address estate planning matters because they do not necessarily understand that it is business of caring. When they do see it that way through professionals who demonstrate that perspective, it moves them to do what clearly is essential for their loved ones. My upcoming book, Stop! What are you waiting for? Your essential guide to estate planning. takes on what people are waiting for and shows how to turn the inaction into action. Share your reasons now so we can cover your reason in the book. It is not too late to add something new. Blog here, now.

No comments: