Friday, February 20, 2009

Stop! What are you waiting for?


Well, it is Friday. Even though I have been my own boss for a few years now, I still look forward to Friday. Certain things stay with you from early training. I think that is also true for our other habits. We get them early on and no matter the changed situation, our habits linger. Is there a habit that you have that keeps you from moving forward on getting your affairs in order? Is procrastination high on that list? Well, I say to my clients and those who attend my estate planning presentations, do not put off for tomorrow what you can and should do today. Tomorrow, may be too late.

I had clients who came to see me because their father had passed. His second wife (not their mother) from whom he was separated BUT still married now owned 1/2 of his estate. Their father had expressed to them that the family home would always be for them. HOWEVER, he died without a will and the laws of the state applied which made the distribution equally between the children and wife. What their father would have or could have done was now too late. BUT, it is not too late for you to grasp the importance of the simple act of doing a will or any of the other estate planning documents. Take a look at your life and make that move right now. You will be glad you did.

My upcoming book will guide you though estate planning step by easy step....coming soooon.

No comments: