Monday, February 16, 2009

Hiring an Estate Planning Attorney - 10 Things that Matter Most


EIGHTH, you want an estate planning attorney who stands behind the service provided to you. You can ask the question whether the attorney guarantees her work. You should not have to defend the work if a challenge is raised. This is where the attorney steps back in and provides the support and defense needed for you. I remember one of my clients went to the bank with her General Power of Attorney. The banking personnel told her she needed another document in order to allow her daughter access to her account. She called me and I spoke with the banking personnel who obviously did not understand the law pertaining to General Powers of Attorney. I referred them to the appropriate laws and they updated their policy to be in compliance. You paid for the expertise provided and should be able to rely on it.

No comments: