Saturday, December 5, 2009

Your Sport - Your Legacy


Good Saturday Morning. This is the first Saturday in December and I am sure the malls are packed. For a person, like me, who does not like to shop, the mall is the last place I want to be today. Fortunately, there is nothing that is requiring me to make that visit.

So, today I attended my daughter's basketball game. Parents and siblings scream as their little darlings dribble, past and shoot. I am among the screamers. As my daughter concentrates on her game, I notice every once and awhile she glances over to make sure I have not missed her daring feat. She does have skills and I'm not just being the pride parent, though I am that.

In this case, I am assessing how I am passing on my legacy to my daughter. Remember estate planning is about life and living. Though I never played basketball as a child, my mother played through college. I have shared pictures of "Mom-Mom" leading her team to victory and through my prodding my mother has shared those experiences with her granddaughter. It has not been my mother's manner to talk about her past. While my dad, on the other hand, has written 4 books about his life and I talk about everything, all the time because it is our legacy to share and to enhance the lives of those we love.

Leave your comments here or contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/

No comments: