Thursday, December 3, 2009

Delaware Canal - Charitable Giving



This morning I was walking along the Delaware canal in Washington Crossing. It is a smooth even trail with historical significance but this morning, for me, it is all about the wildlife. The Blue Herring gliding along the waterway just as I approach his private perch. The mallards, the colorful males and their mates, floating along the water's edge. Squirrels rustling dry leaves as they scamper from the shore up the nearest tree. A black snake slitters across the canal path disappearing into the murky waters. Nature's bounty available for me to enjoy on a morning walk.

But, I can not take this natural beauty for granted. Will it continue to be here for me to enjoy and for my children? Then a thought came to me. I can make a difference in the preservation and improvement of this canal. If it means something to me, I can make that difference now and beyond my lifetime.

So, here is what I did. Today, I joined the friends of the Delaware Canal. And you can too, at http://www.fodc.org/

Let us know how you are living your life now and how that living impacts your estate planning here or contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/

No comments: