Friday, December 18, 2009

Benefitting Others Through Estate Planning


We all understand the importance of charitable giving. We benefit others through our philanthropy, giving and humanity. In return it encourages others to do the same.

When we first moved to Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania, we purchased a home next to land under preservation for open space. We have been able to enjoy the trees and wildlife. We soon found out that this land had been donated to the community along with land where the elementary school is built that my daughter attends. It was part of the legacy of man who started his life in America as a poor immigrant. His legacy has touched the life of numerous children and many, like myself, in the community that he grew to love.

Just like this one man we, you and I, can benefit those we will never know through our giving. And how best to do that then through our estate planning. I have looked at my charitable giving during my lifetime and selected those organizations that will continue to benefit when I die.

Think about your life and how you might continue to help others or even start to help others by leaving a bequests in your Will. Leave your comments here or contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/

No comments: