Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Marathon Update - First 10K EVER!!!

Yes, I ran my first 10k, ever. It was Labor Day when most folks relax and enjoy a cook out or two. But, not me, I was out there running through the neighborhood of Morrisville, Pennsylvania. I figured if I intend to do a Marathon, 26 miles, I should clearly start with some shorter races. So, the 10k (6.2 miles, my tag number for the run was 62, coincidence???), was my starting point. In my training schedule, I had run 6 miles a couple of times, so I knew I could do it.

BUT, running on your own and running an event is so different. The Pros: Folks cheering for you; Water breaks.....The Cons: The fast pace of all the runners. So what I did was just slow down to my own comfortable pace which meant I was soon all alone, just me, myself and I.

BUT the cheering carried me through to the end and I crossed the finished line completing my first 10k. A BAGEL and WATER never tasted soooo goood!!!

I run because Jonathan can't!!
I run because Jayla needs her full vision!!

Donate what you can!!!

No comments: