Monday, September 20, 2010

Marathon Progress Update

Since many of you have asked, How am I doing?, I decided to provide Monday updates.

Well, things are progressing. I am now at runing 9 miles which I did yesterday. This was a point that I really felt was going to be very difficult. I started feeling, I don't think I can do this 9 miles coming up on my training program. I just felt it was beyond my capacity. BUT, I did it and it meant a lot to me. I feel that I have reached a very important milestone in the training. My training partner/coach is to be commended. She talks just when I think, no more!! How she manages to talk and run, I do not know. I need all my energy just to run. BUT, she got me through it and afterwards I felt really good.

Soooo, I am still in it to finish it. I still have a long way to go and will need your constant encouragement. So, I thank you all for that. Shout out to Mary Ann who saw me training in Tyler Park and gave me a thumbs up!!!

1 comment:

mary ann said...

Go Yvette! It was great to see you looking good on the trail at Tyler Park on Sunday. How many miles were under your belt by that point? You looked mighty fresh and energetic!