Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When do I begin to plan my estate?


I alway use my birthday as a time to review and reflect on important health, financial and personal matters. Making sure my estate plan is up to date is a part of this annual reflection. Well, today is my BIRTHDAY!!! I will of course celebrate the gift of another year of wisdom and experience while I take the time to encourage you to get something done that is important to you and your loved ones. I encourage you to get your Will done NOW but NO LATER THAN YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!

One question that I often get from audiences is when do I begin to plan my estate. The simple answer is now. If you are 18 or older and of sound mind then you can and should have at a minimum, a Will. Many people use certain triggering events to start their estate plan. this would include events like buying a house, getting married, having a baby or developing a particular passion. Why not use your BIRTHDAY as your triggering event. This is your day to take care of your health, financial and personal matters. Let one of those matters be getting you Will done.

Leave your comment here or contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/

No comments: