Friday, March 26, 2010

A Final Gift


A friend's mother passed and I attended the memorial service in celebration of her mother's life. It was very intriguing for me. Her mother donated her body to science. Though I have noted that request in documents for many individuals, this was the first time that I attended a service where one had donated their body to science. My friend's mother had follow in the footsteps of her own mother who gave her body to science at a time when very few people considered that option.

As I have said in several blogs that our assets include everything, even our bodies. We can recall the controversy surrounding Michael Jackson's body and burial. What about Anna Nicole Smith? There was major controversy over the location of the burial of her body.

So, think about ALL your assets and make those needed decisions so things can go as smoothly (at least as regards the body) for your family when you die as it did for my friend's family. Leave your comment here or contact us at www.ythlaw.com

No comments: