Thursday, January 14, 2010

An Earthquake's Unimaginable Devastation


"Walking the streets, all I was seeing was dead bodies" was the report of a survivor. It is devastation in the poorest country at the worst time in the history of the world. The earthquake has destroyed what infastructure may have existed in the Haitian city of Port-Au- Prince. Thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, have died from the earthquake that shook Haiti on Tuesday, January 12th.

The pictures, the stories, the men, the women, the children, the lost of human life moves me to do whatever I can to help. Even with this blog to express my thoughts to others who also might want to help. If you want to make the world a better place... This act of nature requires us to respond with our humanity. Those who still live (the injured, the hungry, the thirsty) are stretching out their arms to us, to the world for help.

Let us all be moved to action at this time of unimaginable need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.