Saturday, October 17, 2009

3. Creates A Legacy



Today, we continue our discussion regarding the benefits of estate planning. The first two,
1. Protects Assets and 2. Saves Money, have already been discussed over the last few days. This third benefit, Creates A Legacy, is, in my opinion, the most important because we all have a legacy to leave. The problem is that most of us fail to document that legacy or even more problematic fail to see the legacy worth of our life.

There has not been a single client that I have counseled who did not have a legacy worth documenting in some way. Remember, estate planning is a process as well as the tangible development and execution of legal documents. And it is that process that gives my practice its competitive edge. I may guide someone into starting a business, a foundation or a charitable organization because of what I learn about them during the estate planning process. I may suggest writing a book, journaling, speaking or putting on a photo/art/sculpture exhibit. Whether it is a financial gain to me or an Aha moment for my client, in my practice the estate planning process is always mutually beneficial.

Tomorrow, let's revisit Max and Margaret to look at their legacy and how estate planning will help. Leave your comments here or contact us http://www.ythlaw.com/

No comments: