Monday, July 23, 2012

Dark Knight Rises - Aurora, Colorado

President Barack Obama hugs Stephanie Davies, who helped keep her friend, Allie Young, left, alive after she was shot during the movie Aurora movie theater shootings in Aurora, Colorado.
When I heard about the tragedy Friday morning the 20th, my heart went out to all the families directly affected and all of us who can only imagine the pain.  We can not allow such senseless tragedy to take over even our simple pleasures. 

This pass weekend my family gathered to celebrate my mother's 76th birthday.  Of course, one of our usual outings with the children during these festivities is going to the movies.  But, naturally, we took pause as the Aurora tragedy continued to unfold.  No one was up for a midnight Batman so Spiderman won out.  Those going to the movie were much more vigilante in assessing their surroundings.  But, come on, is this how we must live our life?  Can we, as a people, as human beings, figure out how to take back control over the simple act of going to the movie with your children? 

I ask because I do not know the answer.  I blog, I tweet, I facebook, I ponder!!

No comments: