Monday, November 22, 2010

In It To Finish!!






















We did it!!! Yes, my marathon run was successful because of so many people. My trainers were, of course, awesome, Sharon Czebotar - Center for Human Performance, and Anne Van Thuyne, Trainer - Newtown Athletic Club. There were countless others at the marathon that made the difference for me.


At the 10 mile mark when my breathing was labored, a man came next to me and said "You sound as bad as I look." He did not look bad at all and paced with me for a mile with him telling me family stories as I got my rhythm back. At the 12 mile mark, a 20 year old cross country runner paced with me since he needed someone to keep him going. Can you believe I actually was able to support a 20 year old? He did the 1/2 marathon and waved me on. For miles 14-15, I was encouraged by a 65 year old man who was in the race for his personal goal of a 100 marathons in his lifetime. He was doing his 95th marathon. His speed walking paced my run. A 57 year old woman who had done a marathon in all 50 states helped me through miles 22 to 23. I was literally on my own for most of miles 24 - 26. There was no one around. The crowd was pretty thin but I pushed through to the end.


Thanks for supporting me in my run and donating to Jonathan and Jayla.

No comments: