Friday, October 29, 2010

Running in Fall


Update on the Marathon

Well, it is fall and running through the park is just beautiful. My 23 mile run is coming up on Sunday, Halloween. It will be the longest mile run that I will do until the 26.2 Marathon run on November 21st.


It has been quite amazing to get to this point. When I feel I can not run another mile, I think about why I am running and it gives me the energy to keep going. Yes, there have been some aches and pains. First, it was actually my toenails. I clipped them down but not before loosing one. It should just grow back. Oh, well. Then, it was my shins. I did some exercises to strengthen them. Now, it is my right hip. I have visited my Chiropractor for an adjustment and confirmation that I had not caused any harm. Epsom salt and white flower analgesic balm have become my best friends.


I am in it to finish it!!! I thank you for your support of my run and your donations to Jayla's and Jonathan's foundations.

No comments: