Friday, October 1, 2010

Marathon Update - Business of Caring


You have to care about yourself to truly care about others. When you fly, you are advised to place the oxygen mask over your face FIRST and then help others. You cannot help others if you are in need of air to breathe.

I enjoy helping others. My estate planning practice is about helping people. My running the Philadelphia Marathon is about helping others. BUT, it is FIRST about helping me. Because I believe giving has even more rewards then receiving. Some of you may recall me saying that I am not a runner but I am running a Marathon. At first, the training was just dreadful. Just thinking about running mile after mile made me cringe.

I am now looking out the window at the pouring down rain and longing, yes you heard right, longing to be out there running. BUT it is shaping up to be an inside treadmill day because I will run, one way or another. So I am "giving" to Jayla and Jonathan but I am receiving so much more from them and ALL those who support my run. I am still in it!!! Please donate!!

No comments: