Friday, July 17, 2009

As We Age - Elder Law


I had mentioned before that I alway use my birthday as a time to review and reflect on important health, financial and personal matters. Making sure my estate plan is up to date is a part of this annual reflection. Well, today is my MOTHER's birthday!! Happy Birthday Mom!!

We are fortunate that my mother and father are both vibrant and healthy individuals. However, just like we should be doing our estate planning when we are healthy and can make sound and rational decisions, we should address issues of healthcare and long-term care when we are healthy and can make sound and rational decisions. The "sandwich generation", those caring for children and potentially caring for aging parents, should be planning for the issues that arise as we age. This would include the social security areas of retirement, disability, medicare and medicaid; long term care insurance; assisted living; and, guardianship. All of these areas have issues within them that can be sorted through with the help of an elder law attorney.

Feel free to contact us soon at www.ythlaw.com.

No comments: