Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Money, Money, Money


As I was doing my bills the other day, my mind could not help but go to the current state of the economy. You have listened to the gloom and doom news comparing our current state of affairs with the Great Depression. Well, what did we, or our parents/grandparents, learn from that period. They learn to save prudently and cautiously. I can not tell you how many of my clients have benefitted from that saving mentality. Over the generations, the family members of my clients have passed on the wealth in hope of making my clients' life better and it worked! Now we have our greatest challenge. How will future generations benefit from our response to this economic crisis? What should we be doing, now? Among the many things we have to do is work together as a unified society. Individually, we have to take responsibility for ourselves and those dependent upon us. We have to plan for our future generation by taking such actions as making a will to pass on our assets and our legacy. We have to set up trusts to hold and distribute our assets, whatever they may be, in a responsible manner. We have to do these things even when we think we have nothing, especially if we think we have nothing. We never know exactly what the future may bring. However, we can and should plan for the future that we hope for, for ourselves and for our children.
Leave your comments here or contact me at www.ythlaw.com

No comments: