Friday, March 6, 2009

Elder Law and Estate Planning


I often learn from my audiences. Last week, I did a presentation on estate planning. For me, sharing information on estate planning is one of the missions of my practice. It is my way to give freely of my knowledge and, yes, in return I hope that my services will be used by those who attend my seminars. At least that was why I started doing presentations in the first place. However, it has evolved into something even more meaningful for me. I have learned so much more from my audience than many of them will ever realize unless, of course, they should read this blog. Their questions make me go deeper into my explanations of those things which, without their questions, I would have only touched the surface of the topic. They want to know, for example, how Elder Law and Estate Planning relate. Are they separate or is one part of the other? Is there a certification for either? They want to know if and when they have to update exisitng documents. Their wit and wisdom and perspective are refreshing. In addressing the 45% federal estate tax on estates in excess of 3.5 million, one person's comment was given our plight in the current economic crisis, we may not have to be concerned about this as an issue. It is the proverbial silver lining.

These questions will be answered and these gems will be shared in my upcoming book, STOP! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO ESTATE PLANNING.

No comments: