Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation - Remember to Update or Get Your Estate Planninig Done


I was on vacation last week.  As I was preparing for what turned out to be a vacation of a lifetime, I thought about how many of my clients come to me for the first time when they are leaving for a big vacation.  Generally, they are leaving the country.  In some cases, they may be traveling without their children for the first time. 

In my case, we were traveling with our youngest daughter to Africa and taking in 2 national wild game parks,  Mosi Oa Tunya National Park in Zambia, and Chobe National Game park in Botswana as well as taking a sunset cruise on the Zambesi River to take in the Hippos and birdlife.  Though my documents are up to date (but of course), it was interesting that I better understood the anxiety that would exist if that were not the case.  Though I did not intend to be eaten by the crocodiles or trampled by a herd of elephants, you still want to cover your basis. 

We had a great time with lots of memories, photos, videos which I hope to share over the next few days blog posts.  So, are you up to date on all your estate planning needs?  Contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/ before your next vacation for peace of mind. 
 

No comments: