Monday, March 28, 2011

Geraldine Ferraro - A Legacy of Politics


My undergraduate degree was in Political Science. I have had an interest in politics since 7th grade when I ran for Treasurer of our Student Government Association. Though I was not successful in my very first bid, I did win the next year when I ran for President of our Student Government Association. So I watch with real interest when women bid for the highest offices in our country. Geraldine Ferraro's selection as Walter Mondale's Democratic running mate in the 1984 presidential election is part of her tremendous legacy, despite an unsuccessful campaign. Her vice presidential bid, the first for a woman on a major party ticket, emboldened women across the country to seek public office and helped lay the groundwork for Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential candidacy in 2008 and John McCain's choice of his running mate, Sarah Palin, that year. You have created a legacy in your life's story. Let us help you preserve that legacy. Contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/ for expert estate planning, estate administration and probate needs.

No comments: