Monday, August 2, 2010

School's Out for the Summer


Summer slow down, please. It is August already and though we have been experiencing 100 degree weather, I still love my lazy, hazy summer days. Like most folks, I work year round but summer just reminds me of my "school's out for the summer days". At a cellular level, my body seems to remember the fun of summer. It was a time to join with my cousins at our grandmother's where the rules differed from home. Hiking in the woods, swimming in the bay, up all night, lots of homemade sugary treats and fun adventures that provide memories of a lifetime were just a few things that make me even now a summer adult.

I have thought about how to capture such basic, wholesome experiences for my children in this day and time when the freedom we had would prove dangerous today. To me, living life has given me many estate planning moments. Though this is not an estate planning moment, it is a life moment of reflection. Maybe sharing this with you, you can help me in finding ways to protect and preserve the wonders of childhood so that when our children are adults they can still feel that summer fun.

Leave your comments here or contact us at http://www.ythlaw.com/

No comments: